Public Speaking Workshop
Public Speaking Course (PSC) - 6th Intake
REGISTRATION OPEN for PSC 6th Intake (since 2013)
Be An Effective And Entertaining Speaker Today!
Are you looking to build confidence to speak in front of an audience?
Does your job require you to make presentations to peers and senior management?
Unlike other Public Speaking/Presentation courses in Singapore, our Public Speaking Course (PSC) will effectively develop your presentation and public speaking abilities and so much more!
You will learn how to write an effective speech, use your voice and gestures to create lasting impressions. On top of that, we will also help you gain confidence in all aspects of communication, including written and impromptu speeches, body language, active listening and critical evaluation.
You will be empowered with the skills to take control of any environment in which you have been tasked to speak and wow your audience!!
You can expect to:
ü Learn the different aspects of public speaking using Toastmasters International Better Speaker Series materials
ü Discover the techniques in crafting & delivering an effective speech
ü Have your speech Video-Recorded BEFORE & AFTER feedback
- Deliver a 5-minute speech (with our help of course) and have it video recorded for you to review your delivery style
- Be given verbal and written feedback on improvement, and thereafter prepare and deliver another 5-minute speech
- Have your second speech video recorded as well, and you can compare how you have improved BEFORE & AFTER evaluation and feedback
ü Practice Impromptu Speaking in front of a live audience
Our Unique Program Benefits
- Unlike other workshops, our Public Speaking Course allows you to practice speaking in front of a live audience and have your speech Video-Recorded BEFORE & AFTER feedback
- Small class size of 3 to 6 participants
- We are the only course in Singapore that gives you Ongoing Coaching & internationally-recognized Certification (if you sign up for our toastmaster club membership & complete the 10 speech projects)
- Have a senior Toastmaster as your personal one-to-one mentor and coach
- Be awarded the "Competent Communicator" title and a letter sent to your employer to congratulate you on your accomplishment
- Opportunities to hone your listening and leadership skills through taking up various meeting roles such as "Timer", "Ah-Counter", "Toastmaster of the Evening", "Table Topics Master" etc
Who Should Attend
ü Executives who are required to make business presentations
ü Trainers/Teachers/Coaches who have to deliver Program materials
ü Anyone seeking to increase confidence in giving presentations and public speeches
Program Outline - A Practical Public Speaking Program
This is a practical, hands-on Public Speaking Program using Toastmasters International materials and conducted by Lion City Toastmasters Club - founded since 1977.
It is a new program and is different from our previous runs (called SpeechCraft).
The Program is made up of 2 parts:
- COMPULSORY - Attend Four (4) Workshops (2.5 hours each, i.e. total 10 hours of training) on Public Speaking, plus
- OPTIONAL - Complete 10 speech projects from the basic Competent Communicator speech manual, within one year from start date.
Part 1: Ten (10) Hours of Theory & Practical Workshop on Public Speaking:
Part 2: OPTIONAL (Additional Fees Payable) - Complete Ten (10) speech projects from the basic Competent Communicator speech manual, within 1 year from start date.
ü Pay additional SGD300/- for ONE (1) year membership to Lion City Toastmasters Club. We will waive the one-time registration fee of SGD40/-.
ü Get a Senior Toastmaster as your Personal One-to-One Mentor & Coach for all your ten speech projects - other members get only mentoring for first three projects.
ü Be given priority booking for speaking slots at each chapter meeting.
ü Upon completion of the ten projects, you will be awarded the "Competent Communicator" title awarded by Toastmasters International, which is recognized world-wide.
ü Your employer will receive a letter (optional) from Toastmasters International in recognition of your achievement.
The 10 Speech Project titles are as below:
Project 1. The Icebreaker
Project 2. Organize Your Speech
Project 3. Get to the Point
Project 4. How to say it
Project 5. Your Body Speaks
Project 6. Vocal Variety
Project 7. Research Your Topic
Project 8. Get Comfortable with Visual Aids
Project 9. Persuade with Power
Project 10. Inspire Your Audience
- You are expected to complete the above 10 Projects within 12 months of your enrollment into the program.
- You can extend your membership if you cannot finish the 10 Projects within the stipulated time. You will still receive your Competent Communicator title and Employer's Letter as long as you finish the 10 Projects.
- Each project speech is between 5 and 7 minutes long (except for Project 10, which is 8 to 10 minutes), followed by a 2 to 3 minutes verbal evaluation.
- Besides doing your Speech Projects, you are expected to take on various meeting roles, such as Timers, Ah Counters, Table Topics Masters etc, to hone your listening and communication skills.
- You can also take part in the impromptu speech segment (known as Table Topics) at each meeting.
Venue: 10 Anson Road, #26-02 International Plaza Singapore 079903.
Except for 16 Nov 2015, where we are holding our regular chapter meeting at 20 Collyer Quay #23-00 Singapore 049319.
Duration: Four sessions X 2.5 hours each. Total 10 hours of theory and practical lessons!
Class Size: Between 3 and 6 participants to ensure maximum attention given to your learning objectives.
Early Bird Price - Register before 20 October 2015 - SGD497/- net.
After 20 October 2015 - SGD528/- net
OPTIONAL: 1 year Membership to Lion City Toastmasters Club: SGD300/- only (Registration fee of SGD40 waived)
Program fee is inclusive of:
- Training materials for the educational workshops based on TI's "Better Speaker Series"
- Two Video Recordings of Your Speech Delivery
How to Register
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate "PSC 2015 Registration" in the subject title and include the following:
- Your Name
- Your Mailing Address;
- Your Contact Number; and
- Your Preferred Payment Method (see below*) Amount : SGD497/- OR SGD 528/-
*By Cheque payable to "Lion City Toastmasters Club" and mail to:
Attention: CK Ting c/o The Legacy Protector Pte Ltd
111 North Bridge Road #11-04 Peninsula Plaza Singapore 179098
*By internet bank transfer to POSB Savings 073-40653-6. After you have done the transfer, send us an email at email@example.com
Note: Your registration is confirmed only upon payment of full fees. Otherwise, we reserve the rights to give the seats to whoever paid us first.
Be a successful and confident communicator.
Sign up for PSC now and never be afraid to speak up again!
For enquiries, please call Ninety-Seven, Triple-Six, One-Nine-Eight and ask for Mr. CK Ting.
About Our Trainers:
Josephine is a corporate trainer with some 20 years of working experience in the public and private sectors, including government, education, food and beverage, internet and IT. A marketing and corporate communications specialist, Josephine’s work experience included events management, training and development, education, strategic planning, industry development and promotion, branding, portal development, crisis management, marketing, and executive coaching.
As part of her corporate job, she crafted speeches for senior management and government officials, ensuring that the speeches are strategically positioned with relevant anecdotes to capture the audience’s attention.
Josephine has lived and worked globally. Now based in Singapore as a corporate trainer and executive coach, she facilitates training programmes for senior management to operational-level staff of local and multi-national corporations.
A strong believer of how being an effective communicator and public speaker can create success for one’s career and life as a whole, Josephine is passionate to share her knowledge and skills with participants of this workshop.
Josephine has a Masters of Business Administration from the Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Canada; Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television) from the prestigious Tisch School of the Arts, New York University, USA; Diploma with Merit in Mass Communication from Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore; and Specialist Diploma in Sports and Exercise Science. Professionally, Josephine is a Certified Facilitator of Brian Tracy Programmes, Certified Business Coach of FocalPoint International, and Certified Facilitator of DISC. She also has a Diploma in Adult and Continuing Education and Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment from the Singapore Workforce Development Agency. She was the President of the Lion City Toastmasters Club in 2009-2010 and is now the Vice-President of Education for the Club.
Josephine Teo CC CL
CK is a Part-Time Talent with MediaCorp Singapore, having acted in numerous TV drama serials since 1999. He also acted in several Singaporean movies such as "The Ghosts must be Crazy" (2010), "1965" (2015) and "3688" (2015). His acting skills compliment his public speaking coaching as he is able to bring in another dimension where most other public speakers cannot - the parallels between acting and delivering a speech in public.
He has personally mentored more than 100 new members since 2001 in their public speaking quest and conducted several Speech-Craft, a public speaking course, since 2010.
Mr. Ting has been the Chief Editor of IFPAS magazine "Coverage", Area Governor of Toastmasters International District 80 Division D Area 5, and past President of the Nanyang Technological University School of Materials Science and Engineering Alumni Association. He was awarded the NTU Alumni Service award in 2006 for his contributions. He graduated with a Bachelor of Applied Science (Materials Engineering) with Nanyang Technological University. He is also a Fellow of the Life Underwriters Training Council (American College) and an Associate Estate Planning Practitioner awarded by the UK Will Writing & Estate Planning Society.
Professionally, Mr. Ting gives regular lunch time talks on Will Writing to companies and organizations.
CK Ting ACS ALS
His Toastmasters Titles & Achievements are:
- Toastmaster since 2001
- Area Governor 2011/2012 (District 80-Division D-5)
- Club President 2004, 2009, 2010, 2014, 2015
- Club International Speech Champion 2012
- SpeechCraft Organization Chairperson 2010-present
- Club Mentor for Infosys Toastmaster Club
- Public Speaking Mentor & Coach